Cooking healthy & fast is not always an easy task. Stumbled on a good one with under 300 calories per serving.
Curry paste & coconut milk jazz up a simple chicken & vegetable stir-fry. Once ingredients are prepped, cooking goes quick, so have everything ready before you heat the pan.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine lime juice, rice vinegar, red curry paste, brown sugar & crushed red pepper in a large zip-loc bag. Add chicken; seal & marinate in frig for 15 minutes, turning once.
Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry 4 minutes. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add onion & carrot; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add reserved marinade, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add coconut milk & fish sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer 1 minute. Stir in chicken & salt; cook 1 minute.
Top with sprouts and cilantro.
Calories: 271; Protein: 29g; Fat: 8g (saturated fat: 2g); Carbs: 20g; Fiber: 3g